Viparspectra Dimmable Series PAR450 Review – Is It Worth It?
In this review I’ll cover all the essential factors you need to consider when buying your Viparspectra Dimmable Series PAR450 grow light. What are the essential factors you need to know when buying a grow light? They include LED type, PPFD values, grow space coverage, power usage, warranty, and more.
*Update: Viparspectra Has Released a New Version Grow Light Called the Pro Series – Read About Them Here*
What makes this Viparspectra unique is it’s a high intensity light for smaller grows. A lot of small coverage lights also put out low intensity light. That’s not the case with this light, which makes it one of the best cheap LED grow lights for small grow spaces.
If you have a medium or larger sized grow, you should check out our review for the larger Viparspectra PAR1200 variation.
For ease of understanding, we’ll divide this review into several parts like features, advantages & disadvantages, specifications, and some tips for getting maximum out of Viparspectra PAR450.
I’ll also include comments and opinions of current Viparspectra PAR450 grow light owners.
Viparspectra Dimmable Series PAR450 – 450W LED Grow Light
We’ll begin with a short introduction to the brand as we believe it helps in determining trustworthiness and reliability for users.
Viparspectra is a brand known for good quality grow lights and customer satisfaction.
They offer a few product lines, each dedicated to a specific purpose of grow light in indoor growing jobs.
Viparspectra has been producing for indoor cultivators for more than 8 years and built its reputation over time. Over that time they’ve customized the spectrum released by their lights with extensive testing.
Instead, focus on quality and effectiveness offered by Viparspectra products. In this case it’s the Viparspectra Dimmable Series PAR450 LED Grow Light.
So, now dive deep into its specification details and features.
A few features we love about the Viparspectra dimmable PAR 450w LED grow lights are below:
- The first thing we liked about it is three separate dimming knobs. Generally manufacturers provide 2 dimming knobs at max, but Viparspectra also offers white light dimmer. With the help of these 3 dimmers you’ll have extreme control over brightness and effectiveness of color blending.
- The second feature we think is unique is 2 powerful fans with dimensions of 3.2” on the front side of the panel. Generally manufacturers provide cooling fans at the backside of the panel, but Viparspectra Dimmable Series PAR450 450W Grow Light features it on the front side. Initially, it was an experiment to improve heat dissipation. And guess what? Viparspectra succeeded with this front side fan design.
- The third point is PPFD Test Results. Yeah, in this case, it can beat even some of the 600-900W LED Grow Lights on the market. We must say that with best PPFD results even some of the top-rated brands in the same price and wattage segment will fail to beat Viparspectra PAR Series.
- At last, we’d like to admit that it’s a symbol of heavy duty build and perfect design.
Build – Measuring Sturdiness and Durability:
Viparspectra PAR450 is built using high quality and durable materials. Just look at it and you can see this is a carefully designed piece of professional equipment.
It features dimensions of 14.1” X 11.4” X 3.3” and weighs around 12.1 lbs.
Also, parts such as drivers, heat sink, body material, switches are manufactured by well-known brands.
It features three separate dimming knobs and offers complete control over brightness and color blending. It’s not only on/off either. It’s highly customizable light dimming with each knob adjusting by 25% increments. Find your perfect blend!
90pcs High quality LED chips of 5W each it there to back it up with extreme brightness and intensity.
Also, the optical lens as cover helps in maximizing the effect of light.
White color coated design makes it an elegant piece of equipment for all the indoor weed cultivators.
Spectrum – How effective it is for plant’s health and growth?
Spectrum is the key to success in your indoor growing job, as we often mention. The Viparspectra Dimmable PAR450 LED Grow light is equipped with 34 Red LEDs, 26 Blue LEDs, 26 White and 4 IR/UV LEDs.
The spectrum leans a little more toward the blue side, but in total it’s plenty to successfully carry your plants from seed to harvest. The ranges of color bands are from 440nm to 730nm.
Also, the overall ratio of Blue:Red: White in light effect is 5:3:2 which is measured as an actual effect in the spectral graph created by real bright effect created inside the grow tent.
However, during the flowering phase lowering blue effect and maximizing red effect will help in getting best yields using this grow light.
Moreover, This grow panel is designed by keeping overall growth and flower quality in mind, and hence they relied on significant blue for better growth during vegetation.
The Viparspectra Par450 will in turn provide you healthy and heavy buds coated by smooth resin.
PPFD Results – How Intense Is The Light?
As we mentioned in our attention-grabbing features of PAR450, results obtained by this grow light concerning PPFDtests are remarkably unbeatable.
From the height of 24” it provides around 600 uMol in test results.
However, I must say, an ideally recommended height for a grow light is 18”. But you’re free to tinker with the height as you will.
You might also like to read following articles.
Now, as you’re familiar with PPFD and spectral capabilities of the PAR450 grow light, we’ll discuss it’s coverage area.
Viparspectra recommends that this grow light is ideal for 2.5’ X 2.5’ of growing space from the height of 32” during vegetation and during bloom it can cover around 1.5’ X 1.5’ of grow area from the height of 20”.
I aim to get you the most out of the Viparspectra Dimmable Series PAR450 450W LED Grow light without any light waste. So that’s why I don’t always follow the manufacturer’s coverage recommendation exactly. They sometimes tend to exaggerate.
In Case, You’re looking for something that meets your need of 4’X4′ Of Coverage Capability then Look At our following article.
Power efficiency is a key factor to consider when purchasing an LED grow light.
An ideal choice should not be inefficient, and that’s what we want our readers to keep in mind while making their decision for choosing the best LED Grow Lights.
We’re glad to inform in this Viparspectra Dimmable Series PAR450 Review that it is entirely budget friendly concerning power efficiency as well.It just pulls around 200W±3% which is entirely acceptable from a grow light with this level of PPFD and customization options.
Depending on your dimmer settings it’ll increase or decrease by 3%. So, at max, it’ll pull around 206W when you set all the dimmers at max.
Well, from power consumption’s point of view it passes the test with its performance.
You might also like to read following articles:
- Comparison Between Viparspectra VS Meizhi
- In Depth Comparsion Of Viparspectra VS Mars Hydro
Cooling and Heat Dissipation – Positive OR Negative?
While all other brands are stuck to the old and traditional way of heat dissipation systems, Viparspectra comes up with something fresh and unique.
Instead of placing cooling fans at backside they’ve used front side as a preferred location in their Dimmable PAR450 Series.
In reality, it was an experiment but resulted in positive effects inside the grow space, and they’ve used this design for their product line.
The Viparspectra Dimmable Series PAR450 LED Grow Light is equipped with 2 fabulous yet silent cooling fans on the front side of the panel.
Plants and panel both benefit by front side placement of the cooling fans.
Also, it ensures a fresh and cool grow tent even after prolonged use.
Warranty & Customer Service
It’s conceivable with high quality and satisfaction oriented parts that grow lights could have pretty low damage and failure rates. This holds true for this Viparspectra LED grow light
Viparspectra offers 3 years customer oriented warranty for all their products. Also, 30 Days money back guarantee is an added advantage.
If you’re concerned about the quality of support then in case of failure you have to drop an email to them, and within 24 hours time period they’ll take follow up. Also, you’ll get a resolution in a discrete manner and on time.
Now have a quick glance at the Pros and Cons section just below.
I did a bit of research and found that growers seem to like the PAR 450. Here are a few factors they cite: You can touch the glass covering the LEDs and not get burned at all; Great customer service;
But most importantly, they love the plants they’re growing with Viparspectra grow lights. Take a look:
- Blue Dream grown under a Viparspectra PAR 450
- Nice looking plants, one month in, no stretching!
Pros and Cons – Viparspectra Dimmbale PAR450 450W LED Grow Light Review
- Trustworthy Brand Praised by Thousand of Satisfied Customers.
- Added durability in build with high quality materials.
- Effective full spectrum light suitable to all kind of plants.
- Well balanced Blue:Red Ratio for all over growth of indoor plants.
- 3 Dimming knobs offers full control over intensity and brightness.
- Remarkably Unbeatable PPFD Results.
- Observed and verified outcomes are better than other brands.
- Low Power Cosumption to balance long run cost of your indoor growing job.
- Well placed and well working Cooling fan.
- Tremendous warranty period with guaranteed customer satisfaction.
- No daisy chain feature
- Timer not included
Don’t take it from me. Take it from the dozens of owners who gave this product a near perfect rating. Reviewers of the Viparspectra PAR450 grow light are saying things like “great light,” “well built,” and “worth every penny.”
Tips for Getting The Most Out Of The Viparspectra PAR450 450W LED
- Don’t use you light more than 18 hours straight
- For better use follow this schedule for using it at its best.
- Set brightness according to your plant’s life cycle. During Vegatation your plant needs high amount of blue while during blooming more amount of red could bring tremendous outcomes.
- Never look at the raw light with a naked eye, try wearing safety glasses.
- Panel isn’t waterproof, so keep it away from dripping water.
- Keep a habit of regular observation of your grow space and plants, and if you notice any leaf burn or something like that then prefer hanging it high compared to existing position.
- For best results go for a top notch and highly reflective grow tent.
Final Thoughts – Viparspectra PAR450 450W:
Looking at the level of appreciation grabbed by this beast, we don’t have anything bad to say about it.
Compared to other grow lights in the same segment with the same price range it provides much better results and performance.
As far as this Viparspectra Dimmable Series PAR450 450W LED Grow Light Review is concerned, we’re recommending it to our readers.
Read My Other Posts:
- Review of Phlizon Newest 600W Plant LED Grow Light
- Mars Hydro TS-1000 and TSW 2000 Quantum Board Grow Lights
- Chandra, Suman, Hemant Lata, Ikhlas Khan, and Mahmoud Elsohly. “Photosynthetic response of Cannabis sativa L. to variations in photosynthetic photon flux densities, temperature and CO2 conditions.” Physiology and Molecular Biology of Plants 14.4 (2009): 299-306.
- Bilodeau, Samuel Eichorn & Wu, Bo-Sen & Rufyikiri, Anne-Sophie & MacPherson, Sarah & Lefsrud, Mark. (2019). “An Update on Plant Photobiology and Implications for Cannabis Production.” 10. 10.3389/fpls.2019.00296.
- MARUO, Toru, et al. “Effects of Supplemental Lighting with Light-Emitting Diodes (LEDs) on Tomato Yield and Quality of Single-Truss Tomato Plants Grown at High Planting Density.” Environmental Control in Biology, Japanese Society of Agricultural, Biological and Environmental Engineers and Scientists, 11 June 2012, https://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/article/ecb/50/1/50_63/_article.
- Lin, K., Huang, M., Huang, W., Hsu, M., Yang, Z. and Yang, C. (2013). The effects of red, blue, and white light-emitting diodes on the growth, development, and edible quality of hydroponically grown lettuce (Lactuca sativa L. var. capitata). Scientia Horticulturae, 150, pp.86-91.
- He, Dongxian & Kozai, T. & Niu, Genhua & Xin, Zhang. (2019). Light-Emitting Diodes for Horticulture: Materials, Processes, Devices and Applications. 10.1007/978-3-319-99211-2_14.