Phlizon 600W LED Grow Light – Pictures, Specs, Opinions
Is the Phlizon 600w LED grow light a good grow light? Based on our research into the quality, features and reviews of the Phlizon 600 watt LED grow light, it’s a great grow light to use in your grow space.
The Phlizon 600w LED grow light is one of many 600w grow light models. This brand and model has particularly good customer feedback, and so I wrote a detailed review to help you determine if the Phlizon 600w is the best LED grow light for your grow space.
I’ll cover all the essential factors you need to consider when buying an LED grow light. I intend to discuss LED type, PPFD reading, grow space coverage, power usage, warranty, and more.
I’ve also included ratings of some real product owners, a competitor comparison, and feature overview. Also, at the end of this review, we’ve curated some answers to the frequently asked questions regarding Phlizon newest 600 Watt LED Grow Light.
Keep in mind this is a somewhat entry level LED grow light with modest coverage and intensity. If you’re interested in a more advanced light, check out my review for the strongest COB LED grow lights, or even my review for the Bestva 2000 watt.
“Phlizon” the name may look strange or new to some because of some well known and majorly discussed brands.
However, Phlizon is an established manufacturer of LED grow lights and associated products. Phlizon also makes a high output COB LED grow light series. If you’re unfamiliar with COB LED grow lights, you can read more about them here.
Phlizon is backed with a huge R&D team which is the reason they’ve succeeded in creating a complete light packages for indoor growing.
Their lights are tested thoroughly by real-life growers on their testing team.
Looking at reviews about this grow light over the internet, you’d derive that it’s a solid grow light, especially for the low entry price. The Phlizon Newest 600w LED grow light has garnered a high review rating at the time of writing. A large majority of reviewers have rated this grow light in the top 20 percentile and had generally positive things to say. What are people saying more specifically? One happy owner mentioned it doesn’t produce any heat, and it’s very bright. Another said their plants love it and they’d recommend two of these in a 4×4 grow tent.
Of course there were minor complaints like the fact the delivery box was labeled with the product name. But it’s far from a major issue.
Now, let’s dive deep into its capability and performance oriented features.
Phlizon Newest 600W LED Plant Grow Light Features
For this review, we’ll start with build and design at first, and then we’ll move forward to other essential aspects like spectrum, efficiency, effectiveness and so on.
As we stated earlier, it is one of the most demanded and highly praised grow lights on the market.
According to our experts, one of the major reason behind this level of demand and success on this highly competitive market could be its quality and sturdiness.
The Phlizon Newest 600W LED Grow Light is built using some of the top-notch materials. A highly experienced R&D team’s hard work is behind its build.
As far as core materials are concerned, they’ve used Epistar/Bridgelux LED chips on the panel. These two brands are considered as two of the most recommended brands for a high-quality light.
Also, the inner build is supported by highly reliable drivers and Zener diode. If any single LED stops working, the rest of the LEDs are unaffected.
Two separate switches for two different stages of plant’s growth are there for your convenience.
On the backside of the LED Panel daisy chaining port or power outlet is available which means you’re free to extend your grow space whenever you like.
Phlizon 600 watt’s Spectrum Quality:
Light spectrum quality is one of the most important aspects to consider while comparing the best 600W LED grow lights. Light spectrum is the critical factor responsible for how well your plants grow based on light penetration and color range.
Moreover, you might be aware the fact that the only reason to utilize LED Grow Lights in indoor growing and cultivation is to replace the sunlight which plays a vital role for any plant’s survival and health.
The Phlizon Newest 600W contains a balanced blue and red spectrum that’ll carry your plants through to harvest.
The spectrum includes ultraviolet (UV) and infrared (IR) wavelengths that’re proven to increase THC levels, accelerate the flowering phase, and improve flower density. These are a critical part of any marijuana grow light and it’s a definite value add on such a low cost light.
Light Intensity (PPFD):
If you’ve noticed then the majority of brands are specifying HPS/MH replacement figures as if its something that you should worry about the most.
However, the fact is those are rubbish figures used to trap customers and nothing else. Yeah, it’s the PPFD results that you should consider as a measure of quality and not the replacement figures.
The Phlizon newest 600W Grow Light is capable of providing 350 uMol from the height of 18”.
That’ll provide you up to 1.5ft of well covered grow space.
Also, these results are confirmed by real-life users who’re using it happily. I actually read a review where a lady was pleased with this grow light’s results in her 5×5 grow space. But again – every situation is a bit unique. 1.5 feet of coverage is what Phlizon guides for.
If you want to put your money on a product with slightly better PPFD results, then the MARS HYDRO Reflector 720W Led Grow Light would be another option.
However, both of the Mars Hydro is a bit more advanced compared to Phlizon newest 600W and might cost you a bit more up front.
In the long run they’ll help you yield more by providing more absorbable light to your plants.
Now ends your wait for coverage capabilities by Phlizon newest 600W Grow Light.
According to our experts it’s the point which bothers almost every indoor grower. In fact, you should worry about it too.
Now, as far as this Phlizon Newest 600W Plant LED Grow Light Review is concerned, we’d like to tell you that for confirmation its coverage capabilities we’d conducted a survey where people shared their opinions with us.
Also, according to our observation, the majority of people said that it is a perfect fit for an area of 2’X2’ from the height of 18”.
People also shared that keeping the light at 22” during vegetation produces the best results for them.
Also, from that height, you’ll be able to get a decent footprint for around 2.5’X2.5’ of grow space, but with weaker intensity.
- Best LED Grow Light for a 4′ X 4′ Grow Tent.
- Reviews of Top 10+ Best COB LED Grow Light On The Market.
As I often state, instead of the initial budget focus on power saving so that you can reduce your overall production cost.
Well, in that case the Phlizon Newest 600w LED grow light passed the power tests by providing some impressive results.
It consumes just 108W while working which is quite efficient. On the other hand, our earlier recommendation of Viparspectra and Mars Hydro consumes more than this one.
It’s one of the best choices from power saving point of view.
Heat Dissipation and Cooling:
A grow light with all positive features and just a single compromise on cooling capability is a complete waste according to experts.
Yeah, an LED grow light with the compromised cooling feature is enough to spoil your entire outcome overnight.
However, in the case of Phlizon you might not worry as it’s backed with 2 high quality and remarkably silent cooling fans for better heat dissipation and air circulation.
Also, advanced and scientifically designed aluminum heat sink is there to dissipate heat from the grow light.
If your grow tent is featuring a ventilation duct, then it’ll be the best combination with that.
Also, if you ever feel doubtful about the efficiency of the cooling fans within 2 years, then you can contact their support immediately, and they’ll provide you a replacement.
Price and Customer Service from Phlizon:
This grow light is priced competitively among 600w grow light options.
There is a low reported damage or failure rate with this product.
Moreover, even with lowest failure and damage rates Phlison offers a 2 year warranty to their customers.
That plus a 30 day money back guarantee where you can ask for a refund, and they’ll provide it without asking a single question.
Now, as we’ve covered all features in this Phlizon Newest 600W LED Grow Light Review, we think it is right time to look at its pros and cons.
Also, don’t forget to look at these results obtained using a Phlizon Newest 600w LED Grow Light.
Pros and Cons:
- One of the best affordable yet working grow light
- Marvelous spectral capability
- Decent PPFD values
- High Quality build
- Elimination of Reflector design
- Beginner Friendly Coverage
- Saves a lot in longer run concerning Power Consumption
- Fabulous cooling system
- Durable design makes it best beast for longer run
- Customer oriented support
- Not suitable for professional cultivation in Large grow space
I hope you’ve got a rough idea about its overall value.
I also put together an FAQ for your convenience:
Frequently Asked Questions:
If Budget isn’t an issue would you suggest this grow light?
- My answer is both YES and NO. Yes because it’s a good light for new growers.
No because if you’re not bound by a budget, the Mars Hydro 720W is better than Phlizon 600W Grow Light.
Why some LEDs are not working while light is ON?
- It could be because of the inclusion of IR and UV diodes. These diodes emit light not visible to the human eye. It’s natural and you shouldn’t worry about it.
I’m planning to grow in 3’X3’ grow space, is it suitable for that space?
- For a larger area, I’d suggest buying two units, OR a higher output variant in the same series which is the Phlizon Newest 1200W.
Why IR and UV are required? Is it so important to have?
- Natural sunlight contains both IR and UV. UV exposure has shown to increase THC levels. Exposure to infrared has shown to increase the flowering process as well as flower density levels.
In terms of power efficiency, what should I keep in mind?
- A light costing $50 upfront and sucking 200W for functioning is worse compared to a light costing $200 upfront and utilizing mere 100W for operation.
Should I consider some sort of certification on parts as a concern or an important aspect?
- When you’re dealing with electrical appliances that generate heat, it’s reassuring to know they went through third party quality and safety checks. The last thing you want is a low quality untested item damaging your grow space.
My Verdict on Phlizon 600w:
The Phlizon 600 watt LED grow light is a decent grow light if you’re looking for an inexpensive grow light that gets the job done. It compares pretty well to other grow lights in the same price range.
If you’ve decided you want a grow light that’ll get you the maximum yield, I suggest taking a look at the high-end and mid-range grow lights on my home page. Those grow lights have considerably stronger performance and cover larger amounts of space.
- Chandra, Suman, Hemant Lata, Ikhlas Khan, and Mahmoud Elsohly. “Photosynthetic response of Cannabis sativa L. to variations in photosynthetic photon flux densities, temperature and CO2 conditions.” Physiology and Molecular Biology of Plants 14.4 (2009): 299-306.
- Bilodeau, Samuel Eichorn & Wu, Bo-Sen & Rufyikiri, Anne-Sophie & MacPherson, Sarah & Lefsrud, Mark. (2019). “An Update on Plant Photobiology and Implications for Cannabis Production.” 10. 10.3389/fpls.2019.00296.
- MARUO, Toru, et al. “Effects of Supplemental Lighting with Light-Emitting Diodes (LEDs) on Tomato Yield and Quality of Single-Truss Tomato Plants Grown at High Planting Density.” Environmental Control in Biology, Japanese Society of Agricultural, Biological and Environmental Engineers and Scientists, 11 June 2012, https://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/article/ecb/50/1/50_63/_article.
- Lin, K., Huang, M., Huang, W., Hsu, M., Yang, Z. and Yang, C. (2013). The effects of red, blue, and white light-emitting diodes on the growth, development, and edible quality of hydroponically grown lettuce (Lactuca sativa L. var. capitata). Scientia Horticulturae, 150, pp.86-91.
- He, Dongxian & Kozai, T. & Niu, Genhua & Xin, Zhang. (2019). Light-Emitting Diodes for Horticulture: Materials, Processes, Devices and Applications. 10.1007/978-3-319-99211-2_14.